Monday 29 June 2015

Typical Indian Family ....




Everyday should be a Sunday,  a day full of Masti, fun, chilling out with family and friends. This Sunday was pretty much busy for me as my typical Indian Family invited my Cousin brother who is recently married for Lunch. I was so excited to meet my Bhabhi(Cousin's Wife).

My Bua ji(Aunt), her husband, both my cousin brother and my Beautiful Bhabhi came around 1 pm, it is so hot in India now a day, Summer Season at its peak and my 5.2 feet tall pretty Bhabhi all dressed up in a traditional Indian Saree wearing Bagles, make up and heels so that she could match up with the Height of my cousin who is 5.7 tall.

Both of them are looking perfect as a couple, I was so happy but I didn't expected that I would freak out so bad in the later part of the day which I am gonna share with you all.

So it all started pretty well everybody was laughing, enjoying lemonade and snacks, tea and my Bhabhi who is the newest member to this crazy Indian family is sitting in the Center(All eyes on her) with my aunt by her side and we all cousin's are chit-chatting together.

My sweet Bhabhi left alone with all the elders who were asking her all sorts of question related to:

  • Where she studied?
  • What she like, what she don't and obvious she can't answer this ques correct as she has to answer accordingly to impress her extended family.

All the laughter's were converted into series of questions and answer like she was sitting For an IAS exam Interview. Bullets of question were fired at her one after another.

  • Were would you like to go on vacation?
  • Can you cook?
  • Would you like to wear traditional Indian clothes or western?
  • Can you make round Rotis? The most most important ques round Rotis like really duhh
  • Rajma chawal, chole or pasta pusta? really lol
  • Home made food or eating in restaurants?
  • Did you miss your family(mother and father)?
And she was perspiring profoundly drinking glass of cold water taking small breath to answer all questions property.

And I was like WTFFF, so freaked out like my throat is choking, my lips are dry thinking that in few years I will be in the same conditions. I will be married to someone and they will Interrogate me like this and suddenly all those horrid pictures were pop in my mind.
POP POP POPPPPP.....

It was so freaking disturbing and haunted.
I was like how can I manage Saree I never like wearing Saree.
All those bangles making clinking sound some one can get hurt.
I lost in the transit and couldn't find a way to escape, want to run as far as possible.

My cousin snapped me out of the Horror of my future and said what are you thinking and I see all were laughing again they were teasing me that " Lo ji ye dekho abhe se Shaddi ke sapne dekhne lage kuddi" means Day dreaming about her marriage.

In the end all were happy and she introduced herself to the family well. Happy ending.

I was so Effing freaked out but this is how the typical Indian families are. They love each other, care for one other but when given a change can be your worst nightmare heheheeee

Many of you who are from India reading this may for sure connect with the experience. Hope you don't get freaked out as I did LOL.
I love my India. Jai ho

Movies to watch for typical India family 

  • Bend it like Beckham
  • Pride and prejudice
  • Kabhe Kushi Kabhe Gum all Yash Raj old movies :P


You know I love you
xoxo


2 comments: